Wednesday 2 November 2011

Volumetric Flasks

Hello Guys,

I have been doing some research about the Ethanol and its formula. And found two important points to take into consideration:

  1. The formula has 3 main elements Carbon, Hidrogene and Oxigen. However they repeat several times, giving a total number of 9 balls ( what it would be flasks for us!)
  2. Since we are using Ethanol and we are basing the whole process on its formula, I thought maybe we could use Volumetric Flasks from the lab instead of normal glass jars. I think it really goes into context.  
So, my point is that if we take into consideration what I just mentioned, instead of 4 flasks maybe we should introduced 9 in our installation, as in the formula, by repeating elements (tar, flesh...)

Also, I found those in the picture for very cheap £4.99 the pack of 5, 250ml. If we decide to go for it, I can buy them and try to find 500ml ones to represent the 3 big elements in the middle of the formula, as in the picture.

Suggestions and opinions asap,please!

1 comment:

  1. Volumetric flask is one of the laboratory glasswares. volumetric flask is important for measuring samples and points you made is good, did get good information.
    brix refractometer
    http://www.precisioncells.com/categories/Refractometers/Brix-Refractometers/114/1

    ReplyDelete